- Sri Lanka is not a multiclass jurisdiction.
- Priority trademark application should be filed within six months of the filing date in the convention country.
- Late filing of documents is permitted.
- The protection period of the registration is seven years as of the date of filing and fourteen years after the first period.
- A simply signed Power of Attorney by the CEO/ President/ Vice President/ Director or a Partner, Via Email. (no need to be notarized or legalized).
- A Certified copy of the home/foreign application/registration, if priority is claimed.
- The name, nationality, address and occupation of the applicant.
- List/s of goods and/or services to be covered.
- Representation of the mark, in (BMP, JPG, TIF) format.